13 January 2012

Need BAND AID!!!

I have been banded for over 2 years and this is a first for me...

Last night I went out for dinner (I always ask to share with my dinner mate, cause lets face it, I can't even eat a half serving).

The person I was with ordered mussels in red sauce (very garlicky, but very good).  They were soft and I chewed them very well..

Within 30 minutes of eating.. yikes... I got a feeling of "oh no".. this is not going to stay with me.
I felt like an idiot, because I got up from the table and made three separate trips to the rest room thinking the worst was going to happen.

Well the third time was a charm, and I got sick (big time)..

I was thinking it was the mussels that made me sick, but the other person had no problem.. so it had to be me..

I really really really wanted to GO HOME at that point. 
To give you my visual, I cried so hard that my eye makeup was gone.

The person I was with has no idea about my band, and just thinks I am on a very portion controlled diet plan.  Besides that was not the time  to confess such confidential info.

I ached all night long, I thought for sure I had food poisioning and called my friend.. they were fine..

So here I am almost 24 hrs later (well not quite) but I can not keep anything down..
I have tried hot liquids, cold liquids, they just wont stay down.
So my food posion theory is out the window.

This is a first for me, and has me a little nervous.'
I am not starving or hungry, I just don't want this to be an event that is leading to something more serious.
I JUST REALIZED TODAY IS FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!
Good Lord.. I am superstitious... or maybe I am DOOMED!!!

I know I am rambling here.. but I feel like my stomach had just completely closed off,
I am sure there is a bit of swelling around my band, but shouldn't there be sufficient space for liquids to go down?

And through all of this, the fat me inside of me if I have seen my last days of eating a peanut M&M!!!
That is what I am worried about!!! Stupid peanut M&M's.
Not if my band slipped, or perhaps injured my self, but will this limit my M&M intake.

Please say a little aspiration for me that my band is not affected.. I really dont want to think of what that could mean...

3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, you ate what I call a Danger Food. I can't have clams or mussels any more or I would get stuck. Sometimes when that happens your band may get irratated and swell up if you have a really bad time getting whatever it is unstuck. You will be ok...Just take it easy, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be allergic to mussels. But I sure hope things resolve. It sucks when we actually vomit. It feels like the stomach is coming up thru the band. You are just really irritated, so take it easy and see your doc if you can't keep anything down. It is the worse feeling in the world. Twice I've prayed to have the band removed b/c I thought I was going to die with the pain. Thus my excursions with the unfills. They just take our a little bit to ease the pressure but you have to wait a month or so to get the fluid back. Maybe you should have stuck (pun intended) to the M&Ms and skipped the mussels. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever figure that out? I'm wondering if there was a small piece stuck in there. I heard a horror story once (at my support group) about a chicken gizzard. The lady ended up in the ER for an unfill. Are they the same texture?

    ReplyDelete