02 November 2011

Negotiating with God

Have you ever just tried to negotiate with God?

Well, I didn't quite mean negotiate. maybe more of a plead..or hope or a prayer or trust pack.

Tonight I will be going to a mass to remember Mark.
I am stressing a bit, because as I type this I am sucking down my lunch and hoping to catch my flight in time to actually make it to the church on time.

I do not want to miss this Mass.

But tonight, I am going to ask God to help me understand to figure something out.

You see, the lady across the street is 34, now is at stage IV cancer, it has entered her brain, she has two small children and not much time.. Chemo has been withheld.

I figure I have had my kids, had the best marriage in the whole world.. successful career.. been to many places, have many things.. I have had a good life.

So why not swap..

If God could only take my time left and give it to her..

It's a win win.

I get to see Mark again, she gets to spend time getting to see her kids grow up..

Life is not Fair.. I am only trying to be fair..

3 comments:

  1. Man if only it were that simple....there's a reason you are still here. Even if you can't see it...there IS a reason. Hang on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that your neighbor's disease has progressed so quickly. Although, we wish we could convince God to do things are way...it doesn't work that way. Their is a reason you are still here. There is a purpose for your life that you still need to fulfill.

    Keep your faith Barb. Although it is very cliche...God doesn't make mistakes. Sometimes he takes the best...because he needs more angels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep...There is a reason why you are still here.

    XO

    ReplyDelete