11 November 2012

Life. Always throwing you surprises

I have very little down time these days

That's a good thing because it takes my mind off of things. AND

It's a bad thing because my mind does not fully vet or face the harsh realities and decisions I need to make.

Avoidance is a much easier path in life.

I have a great opportunity right now to pick up and move.

I dread not the relaxation but the physical challenge of the move.

In reality there is not much holding me back in life.

Relationships come and go.

Family, well that's a post for another time ( not today)

I certainly do not feel compelled to stay here and I have great opportunities that have been presented in front of me.

I have neighbors watching for when the "for sale" sign will go up, yet I do not know that I am ready yet. I day dream about the need to get a large dumpster or have a fire sale of my current possessions.

Its all materialistic at this point.  Who really cares, you can't take any of this "stuff" with you when you die.

I have no legacies to leave behind, no grand children to bestow upon , so the reality is there is nothing holding me back from moving forward.

The only real issue I have is that I would rather be moving south than north.

I despise cold weather. But if I can convince myself this is a short term inconvience I will be ok.

So here I sit in decision mode.  Move stay or punt.

It weighs heavily on my mind.

But this too shall pass.

Be well

5 comments:

  1. Brrrrr...that being said...unfortunately only you can decide. Follow your heart. Now, if it was a move to Florida, east coast of Florida to be exact, there would be no other answer than, come on down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or how about a move to Southern California?

    Wish you the best!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. So ... are you moving? I'm reading this 6 weeks after you wrote it, so I'm guessing you've made the decision. Best of luck, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you are doing okay thanks for the comment ......did ya move or stay????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wherever you are I hope you're warm-reading reports of much snow across the pond. Stay well

    ReplyDelete