22 November 2011

Refining...Redefining..

My weight has been bouncing up and down the same 2 to 3 pounds the last month or so.. I feel guilty that I am not more focused on losing these last 20 pounds or so.. but I am not..

I have spent so much of my life feeling guilty it just feels so damn good to not give a damn.

And that's where the title of this post comes into play.
I am refining my life and redefining what I want out of life.

I am becoming much more selective and not settling for things. (including people, places and things).

I am dropping any feelings of guilt.
I think my religon has ridden me with so much guilt and fear.
No more.

I have come to realize no one is going to make my life choices for me.. I am in charge of these.

I choose to have a good life and be thankful for the choices I make.

I am not obligated to follow any protocol or path, but to choose what I want to do and how I want to do it.

SO where am I going with this..

Well to be honest, I am still figuring some things out in my life... and I am still redefining who I am and when I will be at the place that makes me achieve happiness..
But the good news is that I am moving forward and I am very thankful for that..

With that final thought.. I want to wish everyone a very wonderful Thanks giving... make memories and share smiles.. thats what life is all about..

Be well..

Barbara

6 comments:

  1. We should all have this focus. Taking control of your life is so wonderful. I know you will be a success in your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well.... ummmm OK? on that last comment?

    Barbara ....I love you and your thought processes...

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING ....we are sooooo blessed!!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving back. I totally agree with what you say in this post. I don't seem to always be able to do it...but I wish I could.

    I have been thinking about your Thelma and Louise since Chicago..I want me some of them. :) Oh and the TT too. :)

    I did read back a few posts..and ones capacity to love is bigger than we all know. Your sadness can definitely coexist with your new found relationship! This new love sounds like a keeper to me :)

    Love ya!!

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you about guilt. It is a terrible and wasteful emotion. I think it is related to having empathy- but it is totally beyond empathy.
    Anyway: I see you are on a deep feelings exploration, and I am with you sister friend. I hope one day that we can meet.
    I was pretty close to MOVING very near to where you live with the latest almost PIG thing... that's what I never got around to writing on your FB. But that fell through.
    Anyway... Happy Thanksgiving, and please allow yourself to be joyful if that is what comes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, it was great to open my blog and see your name...you have been in my thoughts...really...so it was so strange and wonderful to see your post.

    ReplyDelete